Bartow, Fla. (Feb. 4, 2022) — Those hoping to resume traveling in 2022 can get a jump-start on applying for a passport at this year’s Saturday passport event, hosted by
Stacy M. Butterfield, Polk County Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller on Feb. 26.
Work, school, and COVID-19 have made weekday passport applications difficult. To help make the application process easier, Clerk Butterfield is hosting a Saturday passport application event from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Feb. 26, at the Clerk’s Lakeland and Winter Haven locations. Instant passport photos are also available on-site for $10.70.
“We’ve all spent a lot of time indoors the past two years, and many of us are looking forward to travelling again in 2022,” Clerk Butterfield said. “Coming into the Clerk’s office to fill out an application during weekday business hours isn’t always convenient or possible, so our Saturday opening provides a more convenient time for customers to apply for a passport.”
To provide the quickest service possible, the Clerk’s office is unable to serve customers by telephone during the events. Please call ahead for questions and additional details.
Suggested Time Savers:
- Visit the Clerk’s website www.polkcountyclerk.net to review passport application requirements, required documentation, and fees.
- Passport application forms can be found at travel.state.gov. You may complete the application in advance using BLACK INK ONLY, and DO NOT SIGN UNTIL IN FRONT OF A CLERK.
- Make sure to bring:
• a check or money order for the correct amount AND cash or credit card (passport fees can be found on the Clerk’s website). A separate check or money order is required for each application. Both forms of payment are required as there are two separate fees for every application.
• Proof of citizenship and identification.
• Customers requesting overnight shipping must bring an overnight stamp with the application.
Contact the Polk County Clerk’s office at 863-534-4000,visit www.polkcountyclerk.net, or like the Polk County Clerk Facebook page for updates and announcements.