Danish Meatballs with Dill Sauce
- Prep 35 m
Cook 35 m
Ready In 1 h 10 m
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix beef, pork, veal, salt, pepper, eggs, onion and heavy cream. With moistened hands, shape the mixture into 1 inch balls. Roll the balls in the bread crumbs until all balls are well coated. Arrange in a single layer on a large, shallow baking sheet.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Stir in the flour. Gradually stir in the chicken broth. Continue stirring until thickened and bubbly, then blend in the sour cream and fresh dill.
- Melt remaining butter in a small saucepan, and drizzle over the meatballs. Bake meatballs in the preheated oven 35 minutes, turning occasionally, until evenly browned.
- Place meatballs in a chafing dish and cover with the sauce to serve.