Here is a new Dish for you to try out for a new recipe dinner party!!! It was a big hit with our friends. It is very creamy and tasty. Not spicy at all unless you want it to be. Give it a try.
4 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 pound of Chicken, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 tsp of salt
Freshly Gound Pepper to taste
14 oz Smoked Sausage, Sliced
4 cloves of Minced Garlic
1 quart of low sodium chicken broth
2 1/2 cups of heavy cream
1 pound dried penne pasta
1 1/2 Tablespoons of Cajun Seasoning
4 oz of shredded parmesan cheese
1 cup of italian leaf parsley, minced.
- Start with large covered cooking pot.
- season chicken with salt & pepper and brown in olive oil over medium heat.
- add sausage and continue cooking until lightly browned.
- stir in garlic and cook for about two minutes.
- Add chicken broth, heavy cream, dried pasta and cajun seasoning to the pot.
- stir together and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- reduce heat to low and let cook covered for 15 to 20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
- stir in chopped parsley and sprinke with additonal cajun seasoning to taste.