Asparagus Chicken Quiche
Prep 25 m
Cook 40 m
Ready In 1 h 5 m
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan, and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Cover pan and bring the water to a boil. Place 1 pound of asparagus into the steamer insert, cover, and steam until just tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain asparagus and set aside.
- Beat eggs, half-and-half, parsley, salt, white pepper, and green hot sauce in a bowl until smooth.
- Stir together cooked chicken, Swiss cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, mushrooms, and green onions in a bowl; mix in flour.
- Line a 9-inch pie dish with pie crust.
- Spread about half of the cooked asparagus over the bottom of the crust.
- Spread about half of the chicken mixture over the asparagus.
- Repeat layers of asparagus and chicken mixture.
- Gently pour the egg mixture over the layers.
- Arrange 3 asparagus spears decoratively on top of the quiche.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the filling is slightly puffed and lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center of the quiche comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle quiche with cherry tomatoes, if desired.